This banana bread is great with or without the topping!
Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Glaze
Hands-On Time: 15-20 minutes
- 3 As-Ripe-As-Possible Bananas
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 Stick) Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt (not Greek)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Non-stick cooking spray or butter (for coating loaf pan)
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp 2% Milk
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the small mixing bowl, mash the peeled three bananas with the back of a fork
- Add the coconut oil, yogurt, eggs & sugars and mix using the fork until even consistency is achieved and the oil is entirely incorporated. A vigorous but controlled stir is needed for the oil to incorporate.
- In the larger of the two bowls, add the flours, cinnamon, soda, salt and coconut. Stir with a whisk to incorporate.
- Pour the wet batter into the flour mixture and use the rubber spatula to remove all of the wet batter from the sides of the smaller mixing bowl.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients until completely incorporated but no more.
- Coat the loaf pan with non-stick spray or a very thin coating of butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, again using the rubber spatula to scrape every last bit of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for an hour or until a test probe comes out clean.
- As bread bakes, make the peanut butter glaze by first whisking milk and powdered sugar until incorporated, smashing sugar lumps as you go, then adding peanut butter and stirring slowly until incorporated.
- When finished baking, cool the banana bread for 15 minutes, then slowly drizzle with glaze. Allow 10-15 minutes for glaze to set before slicing.