Thanks to fresh herbs and garlic, these turkey meatballs would be delicious as a stand-along anchor of a well rounded meal, accompanied by greens and potatoes – actually a more authentically Italian take than the Americanized version featuring tomato sauce. I’ll take one of each!
These are light, quick to make and great for a crowd.
Turkey Meatballs with Fresh Oregano and Basil
Hands-On Time: 25 minutes
Special Equipment: Heavy-bottomed baking dish or Dutch oven, ice cream scooper (for creating uniform meatballs)
- 3/4 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, very finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 Cup Plain Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1/8 Cup Milk, room temperature
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 2 Tsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Splash Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Excluding the olive oil, gently mix all ingredients together until evenly incorporated.
- Drizzle the baking dish with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Using the ice cream scooper or a spoon, form evenly sized meatballs and arrange in the baking dish with uniform space around each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- If you like, serve with extra tomato sauce – I always do!