With artichoke season here and the delicious if at times intimidating vegetable widely available, I wanted to share a highly adaptable (e.g. use what’s on hand) recipe… Read more “Aromatics-Stuffed Artichokes”
YUM! The fresh ingredients pictured are all that goes into this delicious spread!! If you’re in need of something to jazz up your sandwiches lately or are on the prowl for flavorful but not heavy hors ‘devours over the long weekend, this easy tapenade will get the job done.
Hands-On Time: 15
Kitchen Equipment: Food Processor, measuring spoons
- 8 Oz Mixed Olives (I used mostly Kalamata)
- Small Garlic Clove, Peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest from one Whole Orange
- 1 Tsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- Optional: 1 – 2 anchovies
- Rinse the olives in cold water and add to the food processor.
- Repeat with the anchovies, if using.
- Add all other ingredients to the processor and blend until a consistent texture is achieved, one – two minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
This Fresh Tapenade is a fantastic anchor for a chicken, tuna or egg sandwich, or is perfect by itself on smaller slices. Enjoy!
Maybe it’s because there have been a marathon of gray days, or maybe it’s because I’m married to a Floridian, but this year I cannot get enough… Read more “Crispy Citrus Toasts”
Happy Superbowl Sunday! Full disclosure, I really love a good football game. The agility and gracefulness of many players under what appears to be ongoing chaos is… Read more “A New Game Day Guacamole”
A few days ago, Paul and I were eating sandwiches in the car at the airport just before I dropped him off for a quick biz trip.… Read more “Crunchy and Delicious Sweet Potato & Beet Chips”
Happy New Year and Happy 1st Quarter Survival Kick-Off! For me the winter months can be a little taxing on the spirit/motivational engine at times, but this… Read more “Fresh Dill Lemon-Garlic Dip, or, Bright Flavors for a Snow Day”