Is it just me or is there a teeny bit of a Chicken Little syndrome about the end of Summer going on at the moment? It’s true… Read more “Tomato Jam with Bacon, Onion & Garlic”
YUM! We may be between growing seasons for a few more weeks but this killer pesto by Paul bridges the gap and more!!! I can’t think of… Read more “Paul’s Early Spring Pesto”
YUM! The fresh ingredients pictured are all that goes into this delicious spread!! If you’re in need of something to jazz up your sandwiches lately or are on the prowl for flavorful but not heavy hors ‘devours over the long weekend, this easy tapenade will get the job done.
Hands-On Time: 15
Kitchen Equipment: Food Processor, measuring spoons
- 8 Oz Mixed Olives (I used mostly Kalamata)
- Small Garlic Clove, Peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest from one Whole Orange
- 1 Tsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- Optional: 1 – 2 anchovies
- Rinse the olives in cold water and add to the food processor.
- Repeat with the anchovies, if using.
- Add all other ingredients to the processor and blend until a consistent texture is achieved, one – two minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
This Fresh Tapenade is a fantastic anchor for a chicken, tuna or egg sandwich, or is perfect by itself on smaller slices. Enjoy!