Here’s a delicious & nutritious breakfast that feels at once light and satiating. I like that it happens to be vegan, gluten-free and paleo all at once, while delivering so many benefits in one bowl. Namely, vitamins and minerals (found in the fruits) combined with slow-release energy sources of protein, Omega 3 and medium-chain fatty acids (found in the chia seeds and coconut).
I hope you’ll try it, have fun with the toppings, and agree that it is yummy and very satisfying!
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- 4 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Coconut Water
- 1 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Small Papaya, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Juice from one Lime
- 1/2 Fresh Mango, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Handful of Granola
- Make a chia pudding by combining the coconut water and milk, then adding the seeds. Stir, cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.
The following day:
- Blend 1/2 of the chia pudding with the papaya, lime juice and frozen blueberries. If the consistency is slightly too thick, add additional coconut water or milk as needed.
- Place the blended pudding in a bowl and top with mango, shredded coconut and granola.
To make two servings, simply use all of the chia pudding and double the fruit and toppings.