This dish comes together super easily, and is a great week-night one-pot meal. Taking care to prep all of the ingredients ahead of time helps ensure success.
Sesame Crusted Salmon with Baby Bok Choy
Hands-On Time: 30 minutes
Special Equipment: Large skillet with lid, skillet screen (optional for reducing splatter while cooking fish)
Ingredients: (for Two Servings, easily doubled):
- 2 Skin-on Salmon Fillets, 4-6 oz each
- 2 Tbsp unhulled Sesame Seeds
- 3 Tsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, separated
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Medium Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 Bunch Baby Bok Choy, trimmed and rinsed
- 1/4 Fresno Chile, thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Place sesame seeds on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Rub salmon with salt and pepper to taste, then place the fillets on the plate to coat three sides (all but the skin) with the seeds. Place next to stovetop.
- Place mince garlic, prepared bok choy and sliced pepper next to stovetop.
- In the small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice & honey. Place next to stove top.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in the large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place salmon, skin-side down first, into the skillet and cook skin side 3-5 minutes. (If using skillet screen, place it on the skillet while cooking fish to reduce stovetop splatter.)
- Using the tongs and spatula, carefully turn fillets over, top-side down, and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and return to plate. (If doubling recipe and working in batches, keep cooked fillets warm in a 200 degree oven.)
- Wipe skillet clean with the paper towels.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil and minced garlic in skillet.
- Add bok choy and chile and toss to coat. Add 1 tbsp of the soy mixture, toss once more, and cover pan.
- Steam over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Set steamed bok choy on the plate with the salmon.
- Add remaining soy mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil to slightly reduce about 2-3 minutes.
- Return salmon and bok choy to the pan to serve/coat with sauce, or plate the fish and greens and drizzle with sauce.
- Sprinkle bok choy with a few chilies and additional sesame seeds if you like!
I hope you enjoy, let me know!